Lilian Fraser and her family moved to Pennant Hills after her father Charles purchased the ‘Hopetoun’ poultry farm sometime between 1915 and 1920. Over the years, much of the original farm was sold off as residential lots but almost an acre was kept for gardens surrounding the house.
As she approached old age, Dr Fraser offered her garden to Hornsby Shire Council, her final wish was for her garden be enjoyed as a public garden and park. The garden open to the public covers 3,426 square metres. Among the wide range of plants are some very special for their size or rarity.
This urban sanctuary containing rare and unusual plants, is open during daylight hours for the enjoyment of both young and old.
Wander through the garden, have a picnic or take a guided tour (by appointment only).