The Milton Theatre is an intimate 200 seat historic theatre which has been fully refurbished with latest sound and lighting equipment; it has great ambience and excellent acoustics, suitable for live performances, plays, opera and dance.
Situated 260 kilometres south of Sydney in the Milton-Ulladulla area.
Originally the Milton School of Arts built in 1927, the Milton Theatre has a long history as a major feature of the Milton community landscape. It was a picture theatre from 1929, and also held dances and other community events and activities.
From 1976 until 1993 the theatre was used solely as a movie theatre until it was closed for extensive renovations. These were carried out in 1997 and the theatre has been managed by a community based management committee under the Shoalhaven City Council.
The building is now used for live theatre, a recording studio, and for community performances.