In July 1920, the Goulburn community decided that a public ‘soldier’s memorial’ should be built to commemorate those who served in the First World War. The Rocky Hill War Memorial was built by public subscription as a lasting tribute to the men and women of Goulburn who served during this conflict and was opened in 1925.
The Memorial is a square tower of stone conglomerate and concrete. It stands at a height of 20 metres above the top of Rocky Hill. The lookout gallery at the top of the Memorial provides spectacular views over the city of Goulburn and surrounding district. The collection of objects, memorabilia, military heraldry and technology related to Goulburn’s association with war since the 1850s is housed in the nearby Rocky Hill Museum. The Rocky Hill War Memorial (which includes the tower and Rocky Hill) is listed on the Register of the National Estate.
Entry by donation