The Victory Memorial Gardens were established in 1925 as a tribute to those who fought and died in the First World War. Thomas Kerr, designer of the Sydney Botanic Gardens, was chosen to create this tribute which is located on the banks of the Wollundry lagoon in the heart of Wagga Wagga.
A popular pastime for visitors is to feed the ducks and various water birds. Watch the geese as they cross Ivan Jack Drive – they have right of way!
The land was formerly the site of the Old Police Barracks, a brick building which faced Morrow Street and the police paddocks at the rear which were used to stable the police horses and their horse drawn vehicles.