Wivenhoe House

Historical Sites and Heritage Locations Landmarks and Buildings

Charles Cowper built ‘Wivenhoe’ on the 600 acres granted to his father, Reverend William Cowper in 1812. It was named after his wife’s (Eliza Sutton) home in England. The house was completed in 1838 and its design has been attributed to colonial architect John Verge. It has been added to over the years to include stables, an enclosed courtyard, coach house, and servants quarters.

Facilities

History & Heritage

Nearby Things to Do

View All
Camden Community Gardens

Camden Community Gardens

Camden

Wivenhoe House

Wivenhoe House

Kirkham, Camden

Camden Bicentennial

Camden Bicentennial Equestrian Park and Clubhouse

Camden

Nearby Accommodation

View All
Comfortable quiet deluxe room

Narellan Motor Inn

Narellan, Camden

Camden Valley Inn

Camden Valley Inn

Cawdor, Wollondilly

Bedroom

Western Sydney University Village Campbelltown

Campbelltown