The township of Brocklesby began in 1870 when the Maxwell Brothers secured the first blocks from Goombargana Station and ‘The Olives’. Later, land from ‘The Olives’ was purchased for railway yards and town development.
The Brocklesby Hotel was built in 1878, with a larger substantial brick hotel being built in 1918.
Brocklesby’s main claim to fame occurred in 1940 when two Avro Ansen training planes were involved in a mid-air collision and become entangled, one on top of the other. The pilot of one plane and the observers in both planes ejected to safety, leaving pilot Len Fuller to land the planes without damage. A plaque relaying the historic story is situated at the landing site and interpretive signage and part of an engine are located in Blacksmith Park Brocklesby.
Dash into Brocklesby during May for the annual Brocklesby Bush Dash and raise money for the local primary school.