The historic village of Dalgety is the only town left on the Snowy River in New South Wales. Situated on the Monaro Plains and in the rain shadow of the Snowy Mountains, Dalgety is a relatively dry area of rolling hills with granite boulders scattered across the landscape. The Dalgety Bridge built in 1888, is a grand structure that was an engineering feat in its day.
Once considered as a site for the National Capital in 1904, Dalgety survived after the Snowy Mountains Scheme was built and the old towns of Jindabyne and Adaminaby were flooded. Enjoy the Historic Town and River Walk and view its heritage buildings and idyllic country setting.