The historic village of Murringo is 24 kilometres east of Young in a pretty valley.
First settled in 1827, it was one of the earliest settlements west of the Great Dividing Range and there are some fine historic buildings to see today. Visit the Christ Church Anglican Church built in the 1860s, the Marengo Hotel licensed in 1856, the police station built in 1880, the public school built in 1870 and the Plough Inn built before 1860.
A museum and tribute centre to the late bushman and whip maker, Syd Bayliss, and to Richard Taubman who has kept his trades and stories alive for over 30 years is located in Murringo. On display are many leather products, artifacts, tools and items used by Syd and Richard. On sale are numerous plaited leather products, hats, boots and much more.
Open on weekends, public holidays and by appointment.