Vacy came into existence around 1828 as a private township established by the Cory family. John Cory Senior came out from England with his sons Edward and John Junior in 1823 and they soon received grants in the area.
Take a heritage walk around the town and see its historic buildings including St John’s Church, Vacy Public School and the Farmers Hotel. Enjoy walking trails in the surrounding bushland or take a scenic drive along Summer Hill Road.
The rural nature of Vacy is demonstrated in the work of farmers managing beef cattle, dairy cattle, sheep, poultry and equine establishments, as well as other residents, retirees and working families with hobby farms and small acreages.