Beaumont House is a Heritage listed building owned by the National Trust of South Australia.
Built by Adelaide’s first Anglican Bishop, Bishop Short, in 1847, during its long history the house has been the home of leading pioneer businessman Sir Samuel Davenport and was one of the first locations of plantings of olive groves and grape vines in South Australia.
Guided tours of the House, Gardens and surrounding areas are available highlighting the history and heritage of the property. Afternoon tea is also available on open days. Car parking is available in visitor’s car park or on the street.
Historic Beaumont House is also available for private and corporate functions by appointment. Groups, bus tours, school tours, walking tours and community group tours are all welcome, with afternoon tea included.