Unicorn Brewery Cellars

Historical Sites and Heritage Locations Landmarks and Buildings

The Unicorn Brewery was built in 1873 and consisted of a tall malting tower, offices, cooper’s workshop, steam engine and boiler to operate the pumps, and manager’s residence.

The cellars were excavated and completed in 1873. Due to new licensing laws, introduced at the turn of the century, the Brewery closed in 1902 and the buildings demolished for their stone in 1911.

The cellars, storeroom, manager’s residence and walls of the brewery block still remain, and have seen recent restoration work carried out in stage one of the project.

Entrance to the Unicorn Brewery Cellars is included in the Burra Heritage Passport, available from the Burra and Goyder Visitor Information Centre, 2 Market Square, Burra. Access is available with your Passport key anytime during daylight hours as part of the Burra Heritage Passport.

Facilities

Australian Tourism Accreditation Carpark History & Heritage Museums Australia Museums Australia National Trust Regional Tourist/Tourism Association/Organisation Visitor Information Centre Walk

Nearby Things to Do

View All
Powder Magazine

Powder Magazine

Burra, Goyder

Hampton Township Ruins

Hampton Township Ruins

Burra, Goyder

Police Lockup and Stables

Police Lockup And Stables

Burra, Goyder

Burra Golf Club, Clare Valley, South Australia

Burra Golf Club

Burra, Goyder

Redruth Gaol

Redruth Gaol

Burra, Goyder

Unicorn Brewery Cellars

Unicorn Brewery Cellars

Burra, Goyder

Contact Us