Red Tag is a Tasmanian specialist river and streams fly fishing guiding service also providing introductory Fly Fishing Workshops. Roger Butler (owner operator) has over 45 years experience of wild trout fly fishing around Tasmania, with specific emphasis on rivers and streams of the Midlands. He caters for all levels of fly fishers from the absolute beginner to the widely experienced angler.
Tours range from full day to the client’s requested duration, and include gear, accommodation, all meals and refreshments, transport and fishing licences, plus a complimentary (KOCPIT) fly fishing manual with all introductory workshops.
From $965 to $1495
Extended tours include a range of accommodation options and three course dinners, breakfasts as well as day requirements, for as long as required. Can be tailored to suit all comers from absolute beginner to experienced fly fishers. $1496 is for a single person on extended (2 day, one night) tour. Tour rate drops with more participants. Tour rate is $965 per person when two people participate. Longer tours possible, contact operator for details.
Full day tours are designed with flexibility in mind to cater for the learning beginner / novice, right through to the wild trout experienced fly fisher.
Full day tours include:
– Fly fishing for wild trout in secluded rivers and streams on private property access
– For learners/beginners we have our own trout-stocked teaching water
– All gear, or as required, with waders as part of the equipment
– Accommodation in own heritage cottage (circa 1840s)
– All meals: morning and afternoon teas, plus lunch
– All refreshments: water, juice, tea, coffee
– Government trout fishing licence
– Transport or transfers as required
– With fly fishing workshops: complimentary introductory manual
As many of our rivers and streams are in remote areas, often wildlife such as platypus, wombats, wallaby wedge-tailed eagles etc are seen as part of the experiences in the day.
Usually two anglers per tour is the norm, but can take up to four by negotiation.