16 Mar 2019 Biannual Event
Open Day at Government House enables you to go beyond the gates and explore the house and gardens of Australia’s Vice-Regal residence. With free entry, Government House Open Day includes:
– access to the house and gardens
– expert staff and volunteers from the Australiana Fund
– food and beverage vendors
– picnic space for families seeking to bring their own lunch; and
– free parking.
Throughout the day, the Governor-General, His Excellency General the Honourable Sir Peter Cosgrove AK MC (Retd), Lady Cosgrove and staff from Government House staff will be on hand to answer your questions and share perspectives of life at one of Australia’s most iconic residences.
To help make the most of your visit, please note:
– While a range of food and beverage providers will be on site, you’re welcome to bring a picnic lunch and relax within the grounds.
– Given the popularity of Open Day, please arrive early to minimise delays. Visitors will be subject to security checks on entry. Sharp instruments are not permitted.
– Entry and parking are free. Open Day is an accessible event, with the house and gardens suitable for visitors with mobility impairments.
For more details, visit facebook.com/GovernorGeneralAustralia
16 Mar 2019