The Berry Courthouse was designed by James Barnet in the Greek Revival style and built in 1890 and 1891 at a cost of 1,658 pounds, 10 shillings and 7 pence. The Berry Court House appears to have been completed in September 1891.
The Berry Courthouse operated as a courthouse from 1891 to 1988, and as such, reflects the early history of governance and law and order in the region, and New South Wales. As an example of a small scale rural courthouse designed in the Classical Academic style, its fine, elegant design embodies late 19th century concepts of courthouse architecture.
It was decommissioned on 30 July 1988 as it was no longer needed as a local courthouse.
The Berry Courthouse is available for hire. It is an ideal venue for wedding, birthdays, plays, concerts, and other events.
Disabled AssistanceDisabled access available