The Brunswick Valley Historical Society collects, conserves and displays material, objects, images and documents that record the social, economic and civic history of the area. These objects and images are on display at the Museum in Mullumbimby.
The main museum building was Mullumbimby’s first post office, built in timber in 1907, which was relocated to its present site in 1984. Summers Park in which the museum buildings and external exhibits are located, has a replica slab cottage, a large collection of horse drawn farm implements, and equipment from the local railway, water supply facility and brick works. Mullumbimby is the service centre for the Brunswick Valley and lies in the heart of the Byron Shire.
The museum houses a general collection of local history memorabilia, photographs and documents, including newspapers which have been microfilmed for the years 1906 – 1942. A machinery shed contains a variety of machinery and tools from old local trades and industries including timber cutting, coach building, plumbing, printing, dairying and banana growing.
Carpark History & Heritage Public Toilet Walk