The Cootamundra Visitor Information Centre is located on the Olympic Highway next to the railway station, Caravan, coach and bus parking is available on the road next to the Centre.
The historic building was formerly used as a barracks, and is also home to the Cootamundra Heritage Centre. The Centre houses an eclectic display of historical items relevant to Cootamundra and district in a large main gallery (former dining room), kitchen and 14 smaller galleries. Featured items include a locally built motorcycle from 1912, Henry Tie’s eagle, a completely furnished barracks bedroom, a wall of remembrance, Aboriginal display and tribute to the Cootamundra Jazz Band.
Entry by donation. Disabled access available.
Caters for hearing impairment History & Heritage International Non Smoking Public Toilet Wheelchair access
Gold coin donation.