Fingal Head Lighthouse

Historical Sites and Heritage Locations

Fingal Head Lighthouse was erected in 1872 of stone and painted white, the tower had a fixed white light of 1,000 candelas.

Although the light tower is not high it is built on a low headland. The light is effective as it is built on one of the most easterly points of Australia with plenty of deep water offshore.

The original kerosene wick burner was converted to automatic acetylene operation in 1920 with an output of 1,500 candelas and altered to group flashing. The one keeper was withdrawn at this time.

There is no record of the opening of this light considered so insignificant that apparently the first keeper did not think the matter of sufficient importance to take a record of the official opening.

The lighthouse can be reached with a short walk through remnant coastal rainforest to the headland but the tower itself is closed to the public.

Facilities

Activities

Birdwatching Walks

Disabled Assistance

Disabled access available

Rates

Free Entry

Nearby Things to Do

View All
A great day out

Tweed City Shopping Centre

Tweed Heads South, Tweed

Salt Village Coast Precinct in Kingscliff

Salt Village, Kingscliff

Kingscliff, Tweed

Night Time Roller Skating

Epic Skate Rink

Tweed Heads South, Tweed

Minjungbal Aboriginal Cultural Centre

Minjungbal Aboriginal Cultural Centre

Tweed Heads South, Tweed

the owner and friend going for a swim with turtles.

Cooly Eco Adventures

Chinderah, Tweed

Tweed Endeavour Cruises

Tweed Endeavour Cruises

Tweed Heads, Tweed

Contact Us