Goulburn has a long association with horse racing, with records indicating that racing commenced in 1838 when challenge races were held in the vicinity of the Gordon Hotel. The oldest Goulburn Cup Trophy dates back to 1883 and is currently displayed at the historic St Clair Museum. The Goulburn and District Racing Club Limited was founded in 1969 after a combined Club known as the Goulburn and District Racing and Trotting Club was disbanded.
The Goulburn and District Racing Club facilities are among the most technologically advanced in Australia today and include a multi-purpose, heritage style function area with a country atmosphere and wood fire, fully licensed public and member’s bars and modern catering facilities.
A variety of marquees are available for sponsors and private functions in prime positions and strategically placed television monitors enable visitors to see all the action. Tours of the facility are available on request.