John Oxley Cottage

Historical Sites and Heritage Locations

John Oxley Cottage was originally part of the grant made by Governor Lachlan Macquarie to John Oxley in 1815 and 1816. There is no record of its original builder, but it is a typical ‘workman’s cottage’ thought to have been built in the 1890s. John Oxley Cottage now houses the Camden Visitor Information Centre.


Carpark Disabled access available History & Heritage International


Free Entry

Nearby Things to Do

View All
Curtis Aviation

Curtis Aviation


Football Club

Macarthur Football Club

Smeaton Grange, Camden

group of people walking for sightseeing tour

Campbelltown Heritage Plaque Walking Tour


Camden Saleyards

Camden Saleyards


Camden Lakeside Country Club

Lakeside Golf Club Camden

Catherine Field, Camden

Colourful inflatable playground in Narellan

Inflatable World Oz Narellan

Smeaton Grange, Camden

Contact Us