Sturt Park Reserve and Titanic Memorial

Historical Sites and Heritage Locations

Sturt Park was first gazetted as the Central Reserve in 1895 and was officially known as Sturt Park from 1944, to commemorate the centenary of the inland explorations of Captain Charles Sturt in 1844-45. Near the rotunda stands a memorial to the heroic bandsmen of the ill fated steamship Titanic who continued to play as the ship went down in a valiant effort to quell the panic of the passengers.

The Titanic Collection may be viewed at the Research Centre at the Synagogue of the Outback Museum at 165 Wolfram St.

Beautiful Sturt Park has large grassed areas, a wonderful display of roses and flowers, a skate park and a fenced adventure playground for children (including a gas barbecue and a covered picnic area with tables and chairs).

Facilities

Barbeque Carpark Family History & Heritage Picnic Area Public Toilet

Rates

Free Entry

Nearby Things to Do

View All
Pro Hart Gallery

Pro Hart Gallery

Broken Hill

Julie Hart Gallery

Julie Hart Gallery

Broken Hill

The Heroes, Larrikins and Visionaries of Broken Hill Walk

The Heroes, Larrikins and Visionaries of Broken Hill Walk

Broken Hill

RFDS Visitors Centre

Royal Flying Doctor Service Bruce Langford Visitors Centre Broken Hill

Broken Hill

Sundown Nature Trail

Sundown Nature Trail

Broken Hill

Broken Hill

Silver City Tours

Broken Hill

Contact Us