The Roxy Theatre The magnificent Roxy Theatre, situated in the main street of Bingara, is a striking building, with a history as colourful as its painted exterior. Built in 1936 by three Greeks, it operated as a cinema until 1958, after which it was closed and lay dormant and untouched for forty years.
In May 2004, The Roxy was faithfully restored to its original splendor and was re-opened to the public. The theatre embraces some of the most striking original art deco architecture in New South Wales and it still contains the original fixtures and fittings, including the ornate stucco plaster, paintwork and coloured lights from 1936.
Today The Roxy functions as both a multi purpose cinema and regional centre for the performing arts, with The North West Theatre Company taking residence there. The quality and standard of the performances and events, make any visit worth while.
Disabled AssistanceCaters for limited mobility Wheelchair access
MembershipVisitor Information Centre
Roxy Theatre AUD5 per person
Greek Museum AUD5 per person
Roxy Café + Roxy Theatre + Greek Museum AUD10 per person