The Hero of Waterloo


The History of the Hero of Waterloo Hotel in The Rocks, Sydney, begins in 1843.

George Paton, builder of the Garrison Church in 1840, bought the adjoining land from Johnathon Clarke (The Shipwrights Arms, 1831).

Paton, a stonemason, built The Hero from sandstone brought up from the Argyle Cut. A favourite drinking spot for the Garrison Troops of the Colonial days, this lovely hotel with its burning open log fires, well stocked bar and warm hospitality is a must for any tourist.


Bar Fully licensed, No BYO

Other Nearby Food and Drink

View All
Crane Bar

Crane Bar

Potts Point, Sydney

Award-winning signature dining at 117 dining

117 dining


Willie the Boatman

Willie the Boatman

Sydenham, Marrickville

The Toxteth Hotel

Toxteth Hotel

Glebe, Sydney

Camperdown Commons

Camperdown Commons

Camperdown, Leichhardt

Bar on one side, retail on the other

Shirt Bar - Sussex Lane


Contact Us