The Old Mill was built in 1848 by Mr J Morley for Flood and Hanley as a flour mill. This was the first flour mill in Gundagai. The building has withstood all floods including the fierce ones of 1852, 1853,1870, and 1925. However, it did have some holes knocked through the walls by the floods fierce torrents and the patches can still be seen today.
The Old Mill is a great tribute to Joseph Morley who set it on such a solid foundation of stone.
This building is the oldest building in Gundagai and the only surviving representative of the original Gundagai township on the river flat.