The historic village of Binda is located 20 kilometres north of Crookwell. As the oldest town in the district, Binda was the first to have a post office, police station, courthouse and government school. The town’s bushranger history dates to the 1840s. Binda is renowned for its beautiful churches and the annual Binda Picnic Races.
Binda is a town that prospered during the gold rush era and is home to St James Anglican Church, built in 1864. This is an early English Gothic Revival style church, constructed from stone, with dressed sandstone sills and fine stained glass windows. Some of the other character buildings include the General Store, Rose Cottage, and The Mill and Residence.