The former Connellan Airways Hangar – now known as the Central Australian Aviation Museum – is the only substantial structure remaining from the Alice Springs Town Aerodrome which operated from 1921 until 1968. The Central Australian Aviation Museum is testimony to the community’s high regard for the aviation industry in general and to Connellan Airways in particular for the service it provided to the remote outback of the Northern Territory.
The name commemorates EJ (Eddie) Connellan (1912-1983) who established the first aerial mail delivery service in Central Australia and contracted to the Royal Flying Doctor Service, both of which he commenced in 1939.
Due to current health advice on social distancing, please contact the business for the most up to date information regarding opening times and services.
Carpark Caters for hearing impairment Caters for limited mobility Caters for vision impairment Walk Walks Wheelchair access