A truly unique opportunity to experience the rugged beauty of Central Australia, Finke River Adventures use ATV vehicles and local Aboriginal guides (when available) to travel through the Finke George National Park to Palm Valley and Boggy Hole.
Travelling along our own tracks where few others have ever been, Finke River Adventures are uniquely licensed to show you places of extraordinary beauty and cultural importance.
Adventure and Outdoors Tours Air Basic Birdwatching Broadband Internet Access Camping Carpark Cultural and Theme Tours Disabled access available Family Friendly Four Wheel Driving Four Wheel Driving Full Day Half Day or Less Hiking Land - Motorised Nature and wildlife Public Toilet Regional Tourist/Tourism Association/Organisation Scenic Drives Sightseeing Tours Swimming Visitor Information Centre Walk Walking and Biking Tours
– Meander down the Finke River bed along our own tracks.
– Learn about the ancient history and culture from experienced guides and local Aboriginal people (when available)
– Take the walk into Palm Valley and experience this extraordinary oasis in the desert.
– Duration: 6 hours approx (includes a light lunch)
– Travel the Finke river bed into the Finke Gorge National Park
– Marvel at the stunning landscape created by the Oldest River in the World
– Relax under the shade of enormous white river gums and spot fish thriving in the desert
– Duration: 3 hours approx
Choose from a 9:00am or 1:00pm tour. Depart FRA Depot Hermannsburg for a drive along the Finke River, stopping along the way to take in the beauty of this unique area and see for yourself why Albert Namatjira’s paintings became so appreciated
Enjoy the permanent water holes, wild horses and marine life in the desert under magnificent River Red Gums
Return to FRA Depot Hermannsburg approx. Midday or 4:00pmCarpark Family Friendly
From $395 to $695
– Exclusive, private tour with Indigenous Traditional Owner travelling our own tracks to Palm Valley
and significant sites
– Hear ancient stories and learn of the local Aboriginal Aranda people’s way of life dating back
38,000 years in this area
– Share in the unique history of white people’s settlement and connection with the local Aranda
– A unique opportunity not to be missed
– Call Brenton direct on 0418 136640 for tour dates
– Duration: 9 hours approx (includes lunch)
– Return luxury vehicle transfers from Alice Springs accommodation included