Groote Eylandt offers some of the most diverse fishing grounds in the world, including some 300 Square km of prime, virtually unfished water. Our core fishing offering at Groote Eylandt is suitable for everybody—from novices and young people to experienced anglers. Four main areas cater for every angling experience: reef, bluewater, sportfishing, estuary and fly fishing. Our restaurant chefs will also cook and prepare your catch for you.
Groote Eylandt also features some of the most well preserved and vivid rock art in the world, along with unspoiled bush and pristine waterfalls & natural swimming pools.
The “Anindilyakwan People” the Traditional Owners of the Groote Archipelago invite you to explore this pristine environment and share their ancient culture.
A special feature for visitors to Groote Eylandt is the option to design an itinerary incorporating your a particular area of interest and spend extended time with Traditional owners.
From $3700 to $7270
Groote Eylandt, in the Gulf of Carpentaria, features some of the most exciting fishing grounds in the world.
Our core fishing offering at Groote Eylandt is also suitable for everybody—from novices and young people to experienced anglers.
Your safari includes:
– Return airfares from Darwin
– Twin share accommodation
– Breakfast, lunch and dinner each day
– 3, 4 or 5 days of guided fishing
– All transfers on Groote Eylandt
– On a typical three-day safari, you’ll experience reef, blue water and estuary fishing and tangle with hard-hitting tropical species from marlin and sailfish on day one to the iconic GT on day three.
– Jigging deep water lures for golden snapper, nannygai and red emperor
– Trolling and casting for Spanish mackerel, giant barracuda and longtail tuna
– Trolling and switch-baiting for marlin and sailfish
– Popper fishing for enormous queenfish and GTs
– Casting and trolling for barramundi and mangrove Jack
GROOTE EYLANDT EXPLORER
Over the course of 4 hours you will explore Groote Eylandt by 4wd, taking in the past and present of Groote Eylandt
• Historic mission church
• Market garden tour
• CDP office area and indigenous kitchen visit
• Cave Paintings
• Lunch at the top river crossing
• Bush Medijina – Locally handmade soap, lip balms etc from local ingredients
• Visit the Naked pools
• Milner bay port visit