Qantas Guinea Airways Hangar

Historical Sites and Heritage Locations

The hangar is a pre-fabricated building developed by the Sidney-Williams Company and erected in Darwin in 1934 for Qantas Empire Airways Ltd in time for the Centenary Air race. It was used by the first Australia-England air service operated by Qantas and Empire Airways and later by the first Adelaide–Darwin air service operated by Qantas and Guinea Airways. By 1946 the Ross Smith airstrip ceased to be operational and the hangar was used as a mechanical workshop and later a store.

Facilities

Carpark Caters for hearing impairment Caters for high support needs Caters for limited mobility Caters for vision impairment Picnic Area Walk Wheelchair access

Nearby Things to Do

View All
spirit safaris

Spirit Safaris

Winnellie, Darwin

Chan Contemporary Art Space, Darwin Area, Northern Territory, Australia

Chan Contemporary Art Space

Darwin

Tiwi Art Network, Darwin Area, Northern Territory, Australia

Tiwi Art Network

Parap, Darwin

Bicentennial Park - Darwin Area - Northern Territory

Bicentennial Park

Darwin

Vintage with a Twist - Darwin Area - Northern Territory

Vintage Twist

Darwin

Galvans Gorge - Gibb River Road

Aussie Wanderer Tours and Safaris

Darwin

Contact Us