2 Feb 2019 to 28 Feb 2019 Once Only Event
2019 marks the 150th anniversary of the establishment of permanent European settlement in the Northern Territory, by South Australian Surveyor-General George Goyder. The NT Government has been working with the City of Darwin, National Trust, Larrakia Nation, and many other stakeholders to provide a diverse range of events and activities:
* Darwin Waterfront is hosting a free Family Fun Day on Sat 2 Feb, from 9.00am – 1.00pm. Learn about what life was like in 1869, and take part in some fun games.
* An exhibition entitled ‘In the Footsteps of Goyder’ is open from 5th February at the historic ‘Roadmaster’s House’.
* The NT Archives is hosting a small exhibition of material associated with George Goyder, from 1 – 28 Feb.
* The NT Library will host an exhibition entitled ‘Schultze and Hoare: the Collector and the Artist’ from 5 – 24 Feb.
* The Director of the NT Government’s Heritage Branch will be giving a public talk at Goyder’s Park on Tue 5 Feb at 9.00am.
* Historian Derek Pugh will be giving a talk entitled ‘A Good Place for Landing’ at the NT Archives on Thurs 7 Feb.
For further information, please contact (08) 8999 5039.
Once Only Event
2 Feb 2019 to 28 Feb 2019