As the second oldest surviving building in Queensland, the Commissariat Store Museum brings the state’s early history to life. The two original storeys were built by convict hands, and it is one of the few remaining structures from the Moreton Bay Penal Settlement (1824-42). The ground floor was used as a colonial/government store from its construction in 1829 until the 1960s, while the first floor was used as accommodation.
The museum contains rotating and permanent exhibitions with a wealth of information about Queensland’s convict and colonial history. Located on William Street in the Brisbane CBD, it is operated by The Royal Historical Society of Queensland, and also houses the Welsby Library.
Disabled AssistanceDisabled access available
Concession/Tertiary students AUD8.
School Pupils AUD5.
Family (two adults and one or two children) AUD20.
Group tours by arrangement.