Lenroy Slab Hut was built from rough hewn cypress pine in 1893. It was later moved to this site where it served as the Visitor Information Centre until the present one was built. It gives a reminder of the reality of bush life in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. The hut now has a galvanised iron roof which replaced the original Box tree bark just a year after it was built, according to an inscription on the ceiling.
Due to current health advice on social distancing, please contact the business for the most up to date information regarding opening times and services.
Carpark Caters for limited mobility Coach Parking History & Heritage Pet Friendly Picnic Area Public Telephone Visitor Information Centre