Miegunyah House Museum is owned and operated by The Queensland Women’s Historical Association. It was originally built in 1886 for William Herbert Perry and his new bride Leila (nee Markwell). The Perry’s occupied the house for their entire married lives. The house is heritage listed in Queensland and is listed on the National Heritage Register. The Queensland Women’s Historical Association bought the house in 1967 with the aim of restoring the house itself and to also open it as a museum dedicated to Queensland’s pioneering history. For more than 50 years Miegunyah has been open to the public and has collected and displayed important aspects of Queensland history. There is a particular focus on Women’s history and domestic family life.
Disabled AssistanceDisabled access available