The Atherton Tableland is a unique part of the World Heritage Wet Tropics. Yungaburra Tours are proud to be part of this magnificent area. Yungaburra Tours want to share it with their guests and help them explore, experience and enjoy it. To maximize guests’ information transfer and involvement, they cater for one to ten in a tour group.
The tour guides live in the area and are trained by the Wet Tropics Management Authority. This has given the guides an appreciation of the biodiversity, and the endemic fauna and flora found only in North Queensland.
While the area is rich in natural beauty, it is also rich in history, and a tour combining both provide many memorable experiences.
Yungaburra Tours cater for a range of expectations from our 9.5-hour Yungaburra Heritage and Rainforest Tour to our Design your Tour service, catering for special interests. Design your Tour provides an exploring experience for nine hours a day for one or more days. You will visit special destinations such as Curtain Fig Tree, Lake Tinaroo, Heritage Yungaburra, Afghanistan Avenue of Honour, Lake Barrine and the Rainforest Landscape.
Service TypesCultural and Theme Tours Nature and wildlife Sightseeing Tours
Disabled AssistanceDisabled access available
MembershipRegional Tourist/Tourism Association/Organisation Visitor Information Centre
AccreditationCOVID Safe Savannah Guides Tour Guiding Association
From $200 to $220
Join Yungaburra Tours on our Yungaburra Heritage & Rainforest Tour and look forward to an informative and enjoyable experience. You will visit Yungaburra Heritage Village, Curtain Fig Tree, Afghanistan Avenue of Honour, Lake Tinaroo and Lake Barrine with tea and scones. When operating, cruise on the Lake Barrine Wildlife Cruise.
Disabled AccessCarpark Family Friendly Pet Friendly - Enquire
The Atherton Tableland is rich in experiences and magnificent destinations. The Yungaburra Heritage and Rainforest Tour explores some great places but there are so many more. Here are just a few. We would love to discuss your interests to design your tour. We have listed a few of the destinations on the Atherton Tableland.
– Peterson Creek platypus viewing area.
– Tinaroo Holiday Resort area and the dam wall.
Atherton – Herberton Area
– Yungaburra-Atherton drive through green farmlands.
– Gallos Dairy Land
– Hastie’s Swamp Bird Hide to view birds.
– Historic Village Herberton, a completely open-air village.
– Herberton Mining Museum, a brief visit.
– Herberton Spy and Camera Museum.
– Malanda Falls
– Malanda Falls Visitor Information Centre.
– Malanda Returned and Services League Club and Museum containing the Rats of Tobruk Mosaic.
– Nerada Tea Plantation
Millaa Millaa Area
– Millaa Millaa Lookout
– Mount Hypipamee National Park Crater.
– Dinner Falls
– Millaa Millaa Falls, Zillie Falls, Ellinjaa Falls all in close proximity.
– Coffee Works
– Emerald Creek Icecreamery
– Barron Falls viewing platform
– Butterfly Sanctuary Kuranda.