The Bon Accord Mine Complex is owned and administered by the National Trust, Burra, and is concerned with preserving, studying and exhibiting items that help in illustrating and explaining the story of the Burra area.
The display includes a working forge, a six metre by five metre model of the Burra Mine depicting traditional underground mining in 1860 and, in the old waterworks building, an original mine shaft from which Burra pumped its water supply until 1966.
In the grounds stands an 1859 mine captains cottage, now owned and operated by the National Trust as self-contained, bed and breakfast accommodation.
Guided tours are available between 12.30pm and 2.30pm every day. The museums can be visited either individually or free with the purchase of a Burra Heritage Passport. Guided tours for groups are available by arrangement.