Enjoy a six hour expedition into the Coorong National Park, Lower Lakes and Murray Mouth area aboard a 14 seater passenger vessel with morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea provided.
Departing the Goolwa Wharf heading upstream to Clayton, passing through Duck’s Hospital. Then pass Lake Alexandrina on to the hand operated lock at Tauwitchere Barrage. Next stop is for lunch (with a craft beer or wine) at Cattle Point in the beautiful Coorong National Park where we learn some of the Aboriginal Ngarrindjeri history and visit ancient midden sites. Here we visit Storm Boy country where the iconic story was based.
We make our way towards the Murray Mouth and stop at Barker’s Knoll for a walk through the sand dunes to the spectacular Southern Ocean beach, where we try digging for cockles (during season) and learn about native bush tucker with your experienced guide.
Cruise past the Murray Mouth and arrive at the Goolwa Barrage where we get up close to the Long Nosed Fur seals before returning to the Goolwa wharf. This is the only cruise to circumnavigate Hindmarsh Island. With guided walks, seal colony, prolific birdlife, and commentary on board, this will be a trip to remember.
Aboriginal Culture Adventure and Outdoors Tours Australian Tourism Accreditation Basic Birdwatching Boating Carpark Caters for limited mobility Caters for people with allergies and intolerances. Cruises, Sailing and Water Tours Cultural and Theme Tours Food and Wine Tours Full Day Hiking Nature & Wildlife Nature and wildlife Non Smoking Public Toilet Scenic Drives Sightseeing Tours Walk Walking and Biking Tours Water - Motorised
From $110 to $140
Coorong Ultimate Cruise 6 hour cruise
10:30 am to 4.30 pm
• All inclusive morning/afternoon tea, lunch and drinks
• Local wine and craft beer served with lunch
• View Lake Alexandrina and the Murray Mouth
• 2 guided walks into the Coorong National Park
• See Coorong Seal Colony and Migratory Waders
• Pass through Goolwa and Tauwitchere Locks
• Maximum of 14 passengers
• Dig for Pipis on the beach and try them stir fried,
•Native Bush bush tucker sampling during cruise
• Visit Storm Boy inspired country
• See the Storm Boy inspired boats from both films
• Expert commentary with Multimedia interpretation
• Circumnavigate Hindmarsh Island