Built in 1909, this historic six room sandstone villa and its contents were bequeathed to the people of Loxton in 2002 for display and entertainment purposes.
The wide driveway lined with mature pine trees makes a welcoming entrance; opening up to spacious gardens of roses, hibiscus and other assorted plants, as well as a lawn area. There is a covered breezeway between the house and kitchen that is used for a variety of community events and functions.
The contents of the house have remained untouched and represent a snapshot of the grand lifestyle lived by Ella Amalia Kingdon and her parents Heine and Mary Thiele. Tours of the house are available on Sundays at 2pm or by appointment for larger groups. Afternoon teas are also available.
The property is becoming well known as a function centre for wedding ceremonies, fine dining and family celebration events.
Art & Culture Carpark Coach Parking Conference/Convention Facilities Disabled access available Food & Wine History & Heritage Picnic Area Public Toilet Restaurant Walk