The Regional Tourism and Arts Centre is a must for any visitor wishing to engage in a unique cultural experience, discover information on the secrets of the Port Pirie region and the Southern Flinders Ranges.
The multi-award winning and nationally accredited Visitor Information Centre is the outcome of a Port Pirie Regional Council initiative that involved the redevelopment of the former Port Pirie Railway Station.
The Centre combines outstanding attractions with specialised and personal service to visitors. These include:
– Visitor information
– Shakka the Great White Shark Exhibition
– Virtual Reality Shark Cage Dive Experience
– Free Wifi
– Port Pirie Regional Art Gallery
– Local produce and gift lines
– Pirie Rail Express Miniature Railway
– Pirie Model Railway
– Port Pirie and the Southern Flinders Ranges special events headquarters
– Women’s Keepsake Garden
– 1.6 kilometre landscape Heritage Walk
– Stateliner Bus Terminal
– Coach, caravan and car parking.
Aboriginal Culture Art & Culture Australian Tourism Accreditation Carpark Caters for hearing impairment Caters for high support needs Caters for limited mobility Caters for vision impairment Coach Parking Disabled access available Free Wifi History & Heritage Interactive Centre International Interpretive Centre Picnic Area Public Telephone Public Toilet Regional Tourist/Tourism Association/Organisation Visitor Information Centre Walk Walks Wheelchair access
Pirie Model Railway – $1
Shakka the Shark Exhibition – $3
VR Shark Cage Dive – $5
PRX Miniature Railway – $2