Port Rickaby Jetty

Landmarks and Buildings

The historic Port Rickaby Jetty was built in 1879 at a length of 405 feet to serve the growing agricultural industry in the area.

Horses and wagons, and later motor vehicles brought bags of wheat and barley to Port Rickaby to be shipped out. The jetty was lengthened three times, the last time in 1949 to a length of 820 feet. Stores and equipment were also brought in to meet the many needs of the settlers. It’s unfortunate that the government of the day decided to shorted the jetty in 1964 to save on maintenance costs – how we would have loved to enjoy that original long jetty today!

Today you will find Port Rickaby Jetty a fantastic place for fishing and swimming.

Facilities

Beaches & Surf Carpark Coach Parking Fishing Kiosk Public Toilet Sports Swimming

Rates

Free Entry

Nearby Things to Do

View All
mural at Minlaton wildlife park

HJ & Brian Cook Native Animal Reserve

Minlaton, Yorke Peninsula

Walk the Yorke

Walk the Yorke Leisure Trail

Minlaton, Yorke Peninsula

some of our creations

Minlaton Chocolaterie

Minlaton, Yorke Peninsula

Yorke Peninsula

Minlaton Museum

Minlaton, Yorke Peninsula

Yorke Peninsula

Minlaton Walking Trail

Minlaton, Yorke Peninsula

Minlaton, Butler, Captain, Bristol, monoplane, red, devil, yorke, peninsula

Captain Harry Butler and his Red Devil Monoplane

Minlaton, Yorke Peninsula

Contact Us