1 Apr 2022 Biannual Event
Celebrate the stories of Hahndorf along with Ivan, Elder of the Peramangk and Kaurna people and me, Sharon, local resident and owner/operator of Hahndorf Walking Tours.
• Meet in the carpark of The Cedars, only 5mins from the main street of Hahndorf. This was the family home and property of iconic landscape painter and early conservationist Sir Hans Heysen, his wife Sallie and family
• The experience will commence with a cup of Lemon Myrtle tea, probably one of the best-known Australian herbs.
• Ivan will provide a Welcome to Country and background history to the First Nations People
• Together we’ll take a cultural walk through the property. An authentic glimpse of the relationship between the Peramangk people and the gum trees, hunting and gathering, and the laws of the Land.
• On this property there are trees over 600 years old and Heysen was the first Australian painter to focus on eucalyptus trees in their true light
• An overview of the relationship between the early settlers and the reason why the Prussians came to this area and settled in this valley where the Peramangk people had lived for thousands of years
• Ivan will also provide a fascinating demonstration of aboriginal artifacts
Picnic lunch consists of locally made product from Kitchen 2 C.
Wellness Wander Gift Pack (optional) $70.00
This price includes the picnic lunch as stated but does not include the Wellness Wander pack.
It is an additional $70.00 and can be selected as an optional extra.
1 Apr 2022