16 Apr 2022 to 18 Apr 2022 Annual Event
The Oakbank Easter Racing Carnival, is traditionally known as Australia’s best picnic race meeting.
Set amongst the idyllic Adelaide Hills landscape, the Easter Carnival is the only picnic race meeting in the Southern Hemisphere, offering racegoers and families a one-of-a-kind racing experience where you can bring your own picnic baskets, rugs, deck chairs, BYO beverages and barbecues to complement your enjoyment of the on and off track entertainment.
The Oakbank Racing Club are proud to present this casual, country approach to racing, showcasing the iconic grassroots history and provincial location of the racecourse. The ORC and Easter Carnival are amongst the oldest surviving clubs and sporting events in South Australia, which continues to attract thousands of intra and interstate visitors year-on-year.
Highlights of the Carnival include:
– Easter Saturday and supporting race days across the 2022 Easter weekend
– Marquee feature races; the Great Eastern Steeplechase, Harry D. Young Hurdle, and Von Doussa Steeplechase
– Fashions at the Races competition
– Hospitality packages available
– Kids’ entertainment (sporting & craft activities, jumping castles, animal petting zoos, face painting, and more)
– Live music
– Heritage displays
– BYO picnic
– On-site car parking
– Located in the scenic Adelaide Hills, 30 mins drive from Adelaide CBD
– Make your visit a mini-break with great proximity to local wineries, unique retail stores, and locally grown produce
16 Apr 2022 to 18 Apr 2022