Beleura offers something for anyone interested in history, art, gardens and music.
Beleura is a state-listed 19th Century heritage house set amidst five hectares of gardens and includes a music recital centre. The House is exceptional for its collection and includes the original furnishings of its last owner John Tallis.
Built by merchant James Butchart in 1863, Beleura became the summer residence of Sir George Tallis and his family. Sir George was Chairman of the J C Williamson’s Theatre company which he built into the greatest theatrical and entertainment empire the world has ever seen.
An annual program of music performances attracts some of Australia’s finest musicians. Beleura’s music pavilion houses the world’s largest piano built by Australian piano acoustic engineer Wayne Stuart.
Catered tours and morning teas are available all year round.
Bookings are essential for visitors. Contact Beleura House and Garden through the Beleura website to make a booking.
Disabled AssistanceDisabled access available
MembershipAustralian Museums and Galleries Association National Trust
Tour includes transfers from the Mornington Golf Club, morning tea, light lunch and tours of the house and garden. Prices of events included in our cultural programme will be individually determined.