29 Oct 2019
This writing for the web workshop will teach you how to write great copy that works online – whether it’s for your company’s website, your own blog, or for email marketing.
People find, read and interact with online content differently than with print – and what works on paper doesn’t necessarily work on the web.
Furthermore, online content needs to be optimised for search engines so it’ll be more easily found.
This workshop will teach you how to:
– write short, sharp and snappy sentences
– create great headlines and intros
– structure articles to make them flow better
– format copy to improve readability
– use links and subheads properly
– write with search engine optimisation (SEO) in mind
– edit print copy so it’ll work better online
– improve email newsletters/EDMs
– improve the usability and accessibility of a site.
Taught by a former Sydney Morning Herald editor and journalist who specialises in helping people improve web copy, this is a fun, relaxed and practical workshop.
Writing exercises are included throughout the class, so you can immediately practise what you’ve learnt.
Booklets and certificates will be handed out to each participant.
Caters for limited mobility Conference/Convention Facilities Free Wifi Non Smoking Public Toilet
29 Oct 2019
180 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, 3000