Sawyers Arms Tavern
Food and Drink Newtown (Greater Geelong), Greater Geelong, Victoria
Welcome to the Sawyers Arms Tavern. One of Geelongs original restaurant hotels, the Sawyers Arms Tavern has been owned by the Clatworthy family for over 60 years. An institution of the city.
The Original hotel was built and opened by John Jackson in 1850. Jackson entered the business of innkeeper with interests also as a timber merchant. It was used often in its early days for political and social gatherings.
Other licensees include Jack Jennings a former Geelong football club president who changed the name to Kardinia Park Hotel. Eileen Clatworthy affectionately known as Mrs Clat along with husband Kenneth took on the lease in 1958.
Until this day the hotel has remained a popular meeting place for locals to gather for a drink and a meal.
Meal TypesDinner Lunch
Cuisine TypesBar Classic Australian
LicensingFully licensed, No BYO