Stefano’s Cantina was opened in the original cellars of Mildura’s historic Grand Hotel in 1991 by cook and wine producer Stefano de Pieri and the Carrazza family.
A section of the cellars was built in 1889 with the hotel. ‘Cool rooms’ were added subsequently when the Grand began trading in liquor from 1919 (prior to that it was trading as the Coffee Palace and hotel). The space is irregular, uneven, subject to partial flooding and unashamedly leaves all signs of plumbing and wiring exposed – just like the Pompidou in Paris. The cellar, with all its imperfection, celebrates 130 years of history to the present.
LicensingFully licensed, No BYO
Disabled AssistanceDisabled access available