The Collie Historical Rail Precinct comprises three attractions including the Old Goods Shed, Bill Weir Rolling Stock Shed and the Railway Footbridge. The original Goods Shed, designed by C.Y. O’Connor and built in 1898 now houses an interpretive display and echoes to the sound of regular Sunday markets.
Next door is the Bill Weir Rolling Stock shed where the restoration of rolling stock takes place. Items on display include a First Class Sleeping Coach and a variety of wagons, coal trucks, engines, and more.
The restored Railway Footbridge, originally built in 1912, spans 120 metres over the railway line and links the historical rail precinct to the Collie Railway Station. The original station was demolished in the 1970s. It was rebuilt, opening in 2004 and now houses a cafe, museum and model railway.
Rail enthusiasts can view the three restored steam locomotives housed next to the Collie Visitor Centre on Throssell Street. The collection comprises V Class, W Class and FS class locomotives.
AccreditationVisitor Information Centre National Accreditation