On St Patrick’s Day 1859, the foundation stone was laid for a small mission church on this site. The church was officially opened on St Patrick’s Day 1860. This building still stands today and is now used as the church hall.
The rendered brick building is one of the earliest remaining church buildings in Western Australia.
The stone St Patrick’s Church was designed by Joseph Nunan, a convict architect. The foundation stone was laid on St Patrick’s Day 1875, with the building being completed in 1886. The church was built of local stone in Gothic Revival design and features stained glass windows imported from Italy.
In 1909 the bell tower was raised, almost doubling its original height.
Service times for Mass is on Saturday at 6 pm. Reconciliation times are Saturday, 9:30 am, and 10:30 am.