Long before European settlement, Barmup was a meeting place for Menang Aboriginal people. In 1826 a government farm was established near the water course which fed the fledgling settlement. It was later purchased by the Government Resident Sir Richard Spencer and in the 1890s by Francis and Maude Bird.
Grand when it was built, Strawberry Hill has been home to many but the house itself has only had two owners. It was the first property managed by the National Trust in Western Australia.
Disabled AssistanceDisabled access available
FREE – National Trust Members
AUD7 – Student/Adult Concession
AUD10 – Adult
AUD25 – Family group of four
Group bookings (10 or more people) – from AUD7 per person
Schools by appointment