George Palassis Kailis arrived in Western Australia from the tiny Greek island of Kastellorizo in 1914, bringing with him the proud seafaring history of his people. In 1926, George was selling fresh fish from a basket in Perth when he found employment in an inner city fish shop which he eventually took over in 1936.
The shop, trading as GP Kailis & Sons, became a landmark on Barrack Street, before moving to Wellington Street and later Roe Street, Northbridge in 1989. In 2000, Kailis Bros established its current award-winning premises on Oxford Street in Leederville.
Please visit their website for the Fish Market and Cafe open hours.
Meal TypesBreakfast Dinner Lunch
Cuisine TypesAustralian Beverage Brunch Classic Australian Cocktails Dessert Gluten Free Available Modern Australian Seafood Seasonal Local Produce Wine
LicensingFully licensed, No BYO
Disabled AssistanceDisabled access available