George Street and Macquarie Street Gatehouses

Landmarks and Buildings

The Macquarie and George Street gatehouses were built to welcome people to the new Parramatta Park.

The 6 gatehouses at Parramatta Park’s entrances – on George Street, Ross Street, Park Road, Macquarie Street, Great Western Highway at Mays Hill and Queens Road – date from the 1870s.

The Tudor-style George Street Gatehouse and the Gothic-style Macquarie Street Gatehouse are the grand entrances to Parramatta Park. The George Street Gatehouse was built on the site of Governor Macquarie’s small stone lodge in 1885 and is now a local landmark.

The gatehouses reference British culture and are examples of the enhancement and utility of 19th century design. Today, these grand entrances have become a place for you to visit. The pop-up café – Good George by Circa offers takeaway food and drinks from the George Street Gatehouse.

Facilities

Cafe Family Friendly Lawn / Gardens Picnic Area Public Telephone

Rates

Free Entry

Nearby Things to Do

View All
Sydney Private Tours

Sydney Private Tours

Baulkham Hills, The Hills Shire

Private Hunter Valley Tour

Australian Luxury Escapes

West Pennant Hills, The Hills Shire

In-House Protein Bar

Universal Fitness

Parramatta

Water and weir infrastructure

Tidal Weir and Wetlands

Sydney Olympic Park, Parramatta

Ready to putt loose?

Holey Moley Bakehouse Quarter

North Strathfield, Canada Bay

Forest trees, camera looking upwards to the sky.

Sydney Turpentine – Ironbark Forest

Sydney Olympic Park, Parramatta

Contact Us