School of Arts

Historical Sites and Heritage Locations

This School of Arts building was constructed in the classic revival style in 1887 and contained a library, museum, reading room, technical college and a billiard room. It replaced the first School of Arts built in 1861.

In 1958, it housed the first Ringrose Library in Queensland where books were available to external students of the University of Queensland. The library features a timber mezzanine gallery and is now home to the Maryborough and Wide Bay Burnett Historical Society. The keystone above the doorway features Minerva the goddess of wisdom.

The classically inspired symmetrical facade of this two story masonry building has a commanding street presence in Maryborough.

Due to current health advice on social distancing, please contact the business for the most up to date information regarding opening times and services.

Facilities

Disabled access available Family History & Heritage International

Rates

Free Entry

Nearby Things to Do

View All
Excelsior Band Hall

Excelsior Band Hall

Maryborough, Fraser Coast

waterfall

Queens Park Waterfall

Maryborough, Fraser Coast

Bauer and Wiles Memorial Fountain

Bauer and Wiles Memorial Fountain

Maryborough, Fraser Coast

Mural

The Maryborough Mural Trail

Maryborough, Fraser Coast

Brennan And Geraghtys Store Museum

Brennan And Geraghtys Store Museum

Maryborough, Fraser Coast

Fraser Coast Military Trail

Colonial Naval Guns

Maryborough, Fraser Coast

Contact Us